Simson ISR 70-05 AP
Simson ISR 70-05 AP is a high quality elastic adhesive based on Silyl Modified Polymer (SMP). It has a good initial tack and a high mechanical strength. It is suitable as adhesive for structures in industrial applications requiring high strength. Can also be used for sealing applications. Simson ISR 70-05 AP has excellent resistance to UV, weather and temperature and is free of any solvent, isocyanate and silicone. It exhibits excellent adhesion performance on a wide variety of substrates (minimal or no pretreatment necessary) and can be overpainted with common industrial paints. Simson ISR 70-05 AP used with the Dual SMP® technology guarantees an increased and controlled cure speed and reliability in the production process and extends the application possibilities.
SILYL MODIFIED POLYMER
- Bonding of roofs on busses and trains
- Bonding of corner profiles of aluminum or polyester on busses and train
- Bonding of polyester parts on metal frames
- Bonding of floor systems
- Primerless adhesion
- Safe for workers and environment
- Very good UV-resistance and ageing properties
- In general good adhesion on several substrates without the use of a primer
- Elastic in a temperature range of -40°C to +110°C.
- Neutral, odorless and fast curing
- Paint compatible with most industrial paint- or lacquer systems, both alkyd resin and dispersion based (due to the large scale of different types of industrial paints a paint compatibility test is recommended)
- Paintable after skin forming (wet on wet); this will not significantly influence the curing speed
The information given and recommendations made herein are based on Bostik’s research only and are not guaranteed to be accurate. The performance of the product, its shelf life, and application characteristics will depend on many variables, including the kind of materials to which the product will be applied, the environment in which the product is stored or applied, and the equipment used for application. Any change in any of these variables can affect the product’s performance. It is the buyer’s obligation, prior to using the product, to test the suitability of the product for an intended use under the conditions that will exist at the time of the intended use. Bostik does not warrant the product’s suitability for any particular application. The product is sold pursuant to Bostik’s Terms and Conditions of Sale that accompanies the product at the time of sale. Nothing contained herein shall be construed to imply the nonexistence of any relevant patents or to constitute permission, inducement, or recommendation to practice any invention covered by any patent, without authority from the owner of the patent.
In bonding applications, the substrates have to be assembled within 15 minutes (at 20°C/50% R.H.) after applying Simson ISR 70-05 AP. In general an adhesive thickness of 2 mm is recommended. At a temperature of +20°C and a relative humidity of 50%, Simson ISR 70-05 AP can be painted with the most industrial paints already 10 minutes after application. Best adhesion of paint coats is generally obtained if painted within 4 hours after applying Simson ISR 70-05 AP. Cleaning tools or removing uncured residue of Simson ISR 70-05 AP can be done with a clean colourless cloth, wetted with Simson Liquid 1. It is recommended to make a trial first to check possible attack of the substrate by Liquid 1.
Silyl Modified Polymer (SMP)
Skin forming time
Curing speed after 24 hrs 20°C/50% R.H.
Shore A hardness
Tensile stress at break
Elongation at break
Shear stress *
Tear propagation **
Glass transition (Tg)
- 40 till + 110
+5 to +35
UV- and weather resistance
White, grey, black
290 ml cartridges, 400 ml and 600 ml sausages
* Alu-Alu; adh. thickness 2 mm, test speed 50 mm/min.