Simson ISR 70-01
Simson ISR 70-01 is a high quality permanently elastic sealant based on Silyl Modified Polymers (SMP). Due to its high elasticity and low hardness, it is especially suitable for applications which are subject to large movements. Simson ISR 70-01 has excellent resistance to UV, weather and temperature and is free of solvents, isocyanates and silicone. It exhibits excellent adhesion performance on a wide variety of substrates (minimal or no pre-treatment necessary) and can be over-painted with common industrial paints.
SILYL MODIFIED POLYMER
- Sealing of air conditioning equipment and truck
- Sealing of aluminium (airfreight) containers
- Sealant for sound and vibration reducing applications
- Accommodates high thermal expansion
- Safe for workers and environment
- Very good UV-resistance and ageing properties
- In general good adhesion on several substrates without the use of a primer
- Permanent elastic within temperatures from –40°C till +110°C
- Neutral, odourless and fast curing
- Paint compatible with most industrial paint- or lacquer systems, both alkyd resin and dispersion based (due to the large scale of different types of industrial paints a paint compatibility test is recommended)
- Paintable after skin forming (wet on wet); this will not influence the curing speed
The information given and recommendations made herein are based on Bostik’s research only and are not guaranteed to be accurate. The performance of the product, its shelf life, and application characteristics will depend on many variables, including the kind of materials to which the product will be applied, the environment in which the product is stored or applied, and the equipment used for application. Any change in any of these variables can affect the product’s performance. It is the buyer’s obligation, prior to using the product, to test the suitability of the product for an intended use under the conditions that will exist at the time of the intended use. Bostik does not warrant the product’s suitability for any particular application. The product is sold pursuant to Bostik’s Terms and Conditions of Sale that accompanies the product at the time of sale. Nothing contained herein shall be construed to imply the nonexistence of any relevant patents or to constitute permission, inducement, or recommendation to practice any invention covered by any patent, without authority from the owner of the patent.
At a temperature of +20°C and a relative humidity of 50% ISR 70-01 can be painted with the most industrial paints already 30 minutes after application. Best adhesion of paint coats is generally obtained if painted within 4 hours after applying ISR 70-01.
Cleaning tools or removing uncured residue of ISR 70-01 can be done with a clean colourless cloth, wetted with Simson Liquid 1. It is recommended to make a trial first to check possible attack of the substrate by Liquid 1.
Silyl Modified Polymer (SMP)
Skin forming time 20°C/50% R.H.
Curing speed after 24 hrs 20°C/50% R.H.
Shore A hardness
Tensile stress (100%)
Tensile stress at break
Elongation at break
Tear propagation *
- 40 till + 100
+5 to +35
UV and weather resistance
White, grey, black
290 ml cartridges, 600 ml sausages
* Type C, test speed 500 mm/min.